I Yam What I Yam

My photo
Well there's a lot about me that won't fit in this space, that's for sure. I'm a dork. Words have just recently started to flow from my head to my fingers. I play tuba. I hurdle. I believe in the green light. I like long walks on the beach, blue jolly ranchers, Nutella, and making my friends smile. This blog is a manifestation of my mind, to some extent. Bon Appetit!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloweeeeen. (Oct 31st, 2011 10:05pm)

How old is too old to trick or treat? (Read: How old is too old to have fun). No, I do believe that there is an age that is "too old". And I think I've just now reached it. But that in no way means that I'm going to give up the ghost (ba-dump-chhh) and stop dressing up. Halloween parties abound!


That said, I couldn't imagine a better last Halloween. I felt young, I felt goofy. And I'd sure say at times I felt infinite. I really don't think anything can compare to laughing with friends. And it was nice for a change to have no romantic tension floating about and killing the friend mood. I mean, as much as I wanted my K to be there, it was better this way. No one stuck with just one person, everyone had fun, everyone laughed. 

And another thing I realized today: I don't ever have to worry about looking like a guy. I was dressed like Clark Kent, the manliest reporter for the Daily Planet. His chiseled good looks, cleft chin, horn rims, and signature tie make him the epitome of MAN. And yet people called me cute. People who had never seen me before. I really don't have to worry about these things.
And I think I'm finally getting to a place where I'm okay being friends with J again. Like real friends. Yes, things still hurt. Yes, things still make me cry. But it will be okay. I have all my wonderful friends. I have K. And J and I didn't stay together that long because we were incompatible. So it's good we're getting to be friends again.

It's a wonderful day to be alive.

I think a lot of what I'm feeling right now stems both from my love of Love and from my yearning to feel infinite. With my friends around me, my face flushing from the cold, the bag of candy slowly growing heavier, I fall in love. I fall in love with life. I fall in love with all the things that make my life what it is. With my friends, who inspire me and are my motivation for a lot of what I do, with my life, which is more perfect than I give it credit for, and with my parents, who gave me all of this. And infinite-ness (it's my blog, I'll make up words if I want to). I'm in love with that feeling I suppose. 

Perhaps Love and Infinite-ness are intrinsicly intertwined. When you love things, feelings, and people, you feel infinite. Because in those moments, you have something that feels so overreaching and powerful that it can't possibly end, can it? 

Hope I did all of my random thoughts justice.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment